By Dr. Henrietta C. Mears
- I will win the personal allegiance of every student in my Sunday school class to the Lord and Master by talking, writing and prayer.
- I will not think my work over when my pupil has made his decision for Christ.
- I will see that he finds a definite place in some specified task.
- I will bring Christianity out of the unreal into everyday life.
- I will seek to help each one discover the will of God, because the Master can use every talent.
- I will instill a divine discontent into the mind of everyone who can do more than he is doing.
- I will make it easy for anyone to come to me with the deepest experiences of his inner life.
- I will keep the cross of Christ central in the Christian life.
- I will pray as I never prayed before for wisdom and power.
- I will spend and be spent in this battle.
These 10 commandments are reprinted from an article about Miss Mears that appeared in Life@Work Magazine. Used by permission. To learn more about Life@Work Magazine and how to subscribe go to Life@Work.