A careful examination of these verses reveals that Jesus was condemning worry, not work. He called us to make God the object of our faith, for He is the one who ultimately supplies our physical, material, and spiritual needs. The following are seven reasons why we should not worry:
- The same God who created life in us can be trusted with the details of our life (verse 25).
- Worrying about the future impedes our efforts for today (verse 26).
- Worrying is more harmful than helpful (verse 27)
- God does not ignore those who depend on Him (verses 28-30)
- Worrying shows a lack of faith in understanding of God and His love for us. (verses 31-32).
- Worrying keeps us from real challenges God wants us to tackle (verse 33).
- Living one day at a time keeps us from being consumed with worry (verse 34)
These are concepts we can start to instill in our youngest students as they watch us live them out in our own lives. So when we're tempted to worry, we can turn to God's Word instead!