Monday, March 29, 2010

Action Song: Jesus Is Alive

Print the following song lyrics on a large piece of poster board or project them from your computer. Teach the following song to your children as a review of the Easter lesson. Sing the words to the tune of B-I-N-G-O. Have the children clap a rhythm as they sing the letters A-L-I-V-E.


For older children, use these clapping motions: Pat knees on "A" and "L" (pat once as they sing each letter), snap fingers on "I," clap on "V," and cross arms to pat chest on "E." Have a couple of your preteens teach the pattern to the rest of the group. Start slowly. Your children will have fun trying to do the actions faster and faster as they sing the words. You may even catch them doing the chorus on the playground for their friends!


Jesus Is Alive!
God sent Jesus down to earth
To die for you and me,
A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E!
My Jesus is alive!

They tried to take my Lord away,
And nail Him on a cross,
A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E!
My Jesus is alive!

They put Him in a cold dark tomb,
And rolled the stone up tight.
A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E!
My Jesus is alive!

He lives inside my heart, and He
Forgives me of my sin.
A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E, A-L-I-V-E!
My Jesus is alive!

Have a child read Revelation 1:18 from a Bible. Say it together a few times. Then talk about how Jesus is alive and lives in heaven today.

No comments: